Students MUST communicate absence directly with Mr. Hummel in order to receive any make up, as stated in the PHS handbook.
Attendance at performances/required rehearsals has a DIRECT effect on your grade. To be considered, this request must be submitted at least TWO WEEKS prior to the event you will miss.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES & MAKE-UP GRADES:
1. Students are required to attend ALL performances, to be on time for warm up, and to stay for the entire concert (In the case of illness or emergency, parents must contact the teacher via e-mail, telephone, or text PRIOR to the absence).
2. A WORK CONFLICT IS NOT A LEGITIMATE EXCUSE TO MISS A PERFORMANCE!!
3. Under other special circumstances a student may petition the director a minimum of two weeks prior to the concert to be excused from, to be tardy to, or to leave early from the concert. If excused, the student will suffer no penalty and will be required to complete an alternate assignment.
4. Failure to communicate an absence in advance may result in a significant grade reduction.
5. Students will be required to complete a written make-up assignment whenever a mandatory rehearsal or performance is missed (excused or unexcused).